Sony Handycam wont project via HDMI cable

Adam Blasi

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
I have a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380 with a projector. I wanted to connect my Iphone to the handycam and project through it to watch a movie while camping. I bought the hdmi/lightning adaptor for the iphone and when I connect everything as instructed, the handycam doesn't recognize anything. I shows there is a connection and a message states "preparing projection..blah blah", but nothing ever happens. If I remove the cable, it recognizes no input is there anymore.
I bought another cable, I tried the hdmi to handycam on my phone, laptop and a desktop computer. I reset all settings on my phone as well thinking maybe it was a setting preventing output or something. I am lost and I cant find anything online even close to this problem. Sony tech first said its not possible to project through the handycam, then his solution was to initialize the camera...still didn't help.
Any help would be appreciated.

I did not know that. Thank you for letting me know. I should have checked the specs and manual first. I will look to see if I can find anything that might help you.

Update: I just spent several minutes looking for an answer and have come up with nothing yet. It's easy enough to find out how it's supposed to work but nothing on connecting an iPhone. Maybe I'm phrasing the search query wrong. Hopefully another member will post something useful.