I can't see the dell logo at startup. The processor fan spins for 3 seconds and stops. There is a LED indicator on front indicating MB is good in my dell xps 130 laptop. If there is gpu issue my cpu fan has to spin and if i connect to external display it has no display. so i think there is no gpu issue.
If system works fine with an external monitor, it points to an issue with the laptop display. If you see a very dim display or a display if you shine a flashlight on the scree, issue is the backlight. If there is no display at all, either the connections are bad or the LCD screen or inverter are bad.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- Next is to try to boot your laptop without its battery and just use its AC adapter.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work it would be a motherboard problem.