ahutapea

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
Few nights ago I realized tht even when my lid was closed the laptop is still running and not in sleep condition as it supposed to be. I can turn off the laptop with the power button while it is on just to have the windows recovery screen to pop up during boot process. If I close the lid or shutting it down from the start menu it will complete the logging off and shutting down process how ever it will only be off for about 3 seconds before it starts cold booting and turning itself on again. I have tried power management, BIOS, REGEDIT, and even restoring/resetting it to out-of-the-box condition but the problem still persist.

Is there anything that I may have missed on trying to fix this? Any suggestion to fix this? Thanks for your help.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Could be a battery issue, leave the computer on without the charger in and wait for the battery to go flat then plug the charger back in and see if you have the same issue. There's something in your computer causing the computer to reboot after it has been turned off.