Solved! TV Stuck into LOGIN Screen!!!

Jun 5, 2018
Hello guys, i have an issue! i own a LG tv super UHD4k model number <<SJ850V>> I recently format my pc (Windows 10 Pro) and when i connect tv to pc through HDMI i can't get into windows! It Asks my mail's password and when i put it and the circle dots starting to roll on to get into windows then the screen goes black for a couple of seconds and it goes me back to login screen and asks for my password all over again and again! In the past (Windows 10 Pro too) i was disconnecting my Pc Monitor (BenQ) so only HDMI was on and i was getting into windows with my TV through <<Safety Mode>> but now i can't do that cause TV says i don't have signal until i get into login screen so it comes up! MY NERVES ARE NOT VERY WELL! Sorry for my syntax, i am from Greece!

Solution

Not being able to get through the password screen would have nothing at all with the TV. You said you have a monitor also, connect the system to that and...
So the issue is not with the TV, but the computer, the TV would not have anything at all to do with you not being able to logon. Do you get any other error message like the password or username is wrong? Anyone around you that can check on the computer? You may have an issue with the hard drive or something else.

Jun 5, 2018

I didn't have this issue with my previous LG full hd.. I got the 4K in November since then i connected it 2 times and i had the same issue but when i was getting in safe mode the problem was being solved... Now i can't do that! Even when i connect TV while i am on Windows it logs me off and asks for password! Unbelievable...

Jun 5, 2018

Windows 10 pro x64 1803, hdmi v2.0 but the thing is that 2 times in the past i had the same problem (same computer, same cables) and when i was getting in windows in safe mode with the TV connected in the next boot everything was working fine... Now it doesn't work in that way! I think the problem has to do with resolution cause these 2 times when i made it to work, when my pc identified it for the 1st time it was lower than full hd...

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

From this description, it sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. I hope that someone can come along and offer some solid advice to help you.

Not being able to get through the password screen would have nothing at all with the TV. You said you have a monitor also, connect the system to that and see if it works. Just because logon worked at some point with a TV has nothing to do with the fact that you were using a TV. Not seeing a picture on the TV may be a TV issue or a video card issue, the system not accepting your logon is not the TV.

Solution