why does TV keep switching to cable from HDMI?

wmk1541019

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Our TV keeps showing 'please run auto channel scan' on power up and other times. After a few minutes of investigation, I discover the input has been changed to cable from HDMI. I reset it back to HDMI and all works fine, for a while. Then it happens again, the next day or so. Same thing, input back to cable. Another reset. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
X Streaming Video & TVs 4
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
ITclimber Streaming Video & TVs 4
Similar threads
No volume Bose
Lost channels when using combiner with A/B switch
How to Switch to Cable or Satellite Streaming in Fire TV Cube
I have an HP pavilion desktop PC and I'm having no signal to the TV I used as a monitor I switched the cables, tried plugging
I had a outside antenna and I switch over to DirecTV my cable was shut off
DVR sound drops out on LG TV and Soundbar but works fine with Game system and Blu-Ray
How to switch terrestrial to air and cable
Even after buying a switch, I still cannot get both the TV & Roku Stick to work
I have 1 HDMI port on TV. I have run a HDMI cable from set top box to switcher input 1 and a HDMI cable from TV to the switc
HDMI issues, long run, signal drops, multiple factors?
Comcast HDMI Splitter
Recently my cable was shut off because of non payment which is fine because I'm wanting to switch to dish tv
I am trying to hook up a DVD/VHS recorder to my Vizeo TV. I'm using an HDMI cable. Following the directions I switch the TV to
How do I connect respectively: tv with one hdmi port, bluray player w/hdmi port, and cable connection to one of them?
how to switch from radio frequency channels to cable
help connecting hd lava antenna and cable with a A B switch
My westinghouse lcd switches from hdmi to dvi on it's own and I lose my cable. Whats up?
No Sound From Television using HDMI with Cable Box, Laptop, Blu-Ray Player and Computer. I've switched out HDMI cables and cab
Samsung Smart TV switch from cable to Netflix
Only one HDTV. I want to receive Both OTA and 'cable', without having to remove (change) coaxial connections.

ASK THE COMMUNITY