Apple: A FREE Case for All iPhone 4 Until October

Status
Not open for further replies.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Because after October the phone magically fixes itself... The didn't address any issues where it was demonstrated that the phone would drop by laying it on a table and just touching the "x marks the spot" AND they didn't address the fact that cNet has already tested the new update and determined they still dropped calls but the meter read 2 bars instead of 0 now. L O S E R, another way to spell Apple?

kohvitass

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Just half a percent of iPhone 4 users have complained about the antenna.
over 3 million sales under a month....
thats more than one call every 2 minutes....24/7, complaining only about the antenna.

++ for the free bumpers but
---- for talking BS about other phones and ignoring the obvious design flaw.

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
the case is to make the phone more inconspicuous so you don't get made fun of by the people around you for being a sucker =D

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Gotta love how they're still trying to convince people the issue doesn't exist, yet they're still going to issue a fix by giving the cases out for free. We know it isn't just for good PR, because Apple was probably making an excellent profit from the cases. By giving the cases out, they're basically admitting there's a problem, yet what comes out of their mouths is trying to make people believe otherwise.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well, I've asked friends who want or have an iphone 4 about the problems around it and they just say well its and iphone 4.

Then i think to myself, "She is freaking retarded" then smile because i got a Droid :)

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Like I said before, if people keep buying the iPhone 4, Apple will do nothing regarding the issue. The free bumper case is to fix the PR issue only.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Let's think about this.

Jobs CONTINUES to say holding the phone this way blocks the signal? Just like any other phone. Correct?

Then why oh why would a bumper make ANY difference. Your hand will still be in the same place doing the same thing.

Acknowledge this patch as a "solution" which is wrong to begin with and at the same time give a reason for the problem as something totally unrelated to the patch. Things that make you go hummm.

My translation of the event. "This will fix it, but there isn't a problem." How does that work again?

I have an Evo and I admit there is SOME signal loss when in a "death grip" and putting the rubber body case on it did.. ummm. NOTHING for reception. But I didn't expect it to. I bought it to protect, not to fix.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]cabose369[/nom]So basically Apple danced around the whole issue, and did a cheap, half assed fix to the problem. Classic Apple.[/citation]
What they actualy did was show the world ho the problem is sooo much smaller that the press made it look like.

and they gave away free cases for thos who just can't help but complain.

triculious

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
you cry babies!

good all mighty Steve is bringing gifts to you and all you do is condemn some not happening issue (yet fully proven)

apple is perfect, the iphone 4 is perfect and woe to those who dare say against it!

I'll happily purchase something else... was considering this iteration of the iphone but seeing how this is not the droid you're looking for (no pun intended but a bad sw reference) I'll save my money for a while and wait for some company that will recognize mistakes, work on them and get them fixed... if I remember that's something called warranty

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]What they actualy did was show the world ho the problem is sooo much smaller that the press made it look like.and they gave away free cases for thos who just can't help but complain.[/citation]

What they did is patch (not fix) the issue with 3 million dollars (assuming $1 cost per bumper) instead of $570,000,000 (assuming $190 cost per iPhone).

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]Let's think about this.Jobs CONTINUES to say holding the phone this way blocks the signal? Just like any other phone. Correct? Then why oh why would a bumper make ANY difference. Your hand will still be in the same place doing the same thing. Acknowledge this patch as a "solution" which is wrong to begin with and at the same time give a reason for the problem as something totally unrelated to the patch. Things that make you go hummm. My translation of the event. "This will fix it, but there isn't a problem." How does that work again?I have an Evo and I admit there is SOME signal loss when in a "death grip" and putting the rubber body case on it did.. ummm. NOTHING for reception. But I didn't expect it to. I bought it to protect, not to fix.[/citation]

You havent been paying attention not that you should have this is all really stupid but anyways. Touching the area causes signal loss not covering it. Something to do with your fingers conducting electricity or something.

sportsdude

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
So either Apple continues to provide free bumpers for the next year (or until a new iPhone is released) or they hope to keep selling the current model until a hardware fix is finally rolled out in October? Potential buyers should just wait until it's actually fixed. Countdown to class action: T minus?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
It's funny that Apple had to compare its own brand new phone to phones of yesteryear to talk about how they're not perfect.

Silly, Jobs.

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Steve says Apple can't make bumpers fast enough.

LOL i find this funny.

In a couple months they can produce millions of insanely complex iphones with thousands of components held together with circuity so small its barely visible.

YET they make it sound like forming a simple piece of rubber takes a long time. Companies should easily be able to manufacture a million a week.

Smells like some iBULLSH!T

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
In summary:
1. Relax, it's not that big of an issue.
2. We don't have a fix yet.
3. Here, have a $1.30 worth of rubber to cover up the problem.
4. Good news! Soon, you can buy WHITE phones (with the same problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.