Mooman978

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
I have a Canon 70d and I can't seem to get the highest quality out of it when posting on YouTube I am editing on Sony Vegas 11 and exporting the videos as .mxf files. Whenever I export a video it looks fine but when I upload it to YouTube it losses a considerable amount of quality. I can't seem to find the right settings to make my footage look as good as those "Canon 70d Test Footage" videos. YouTube seems to compress my videos much more.

Solution
Have you tried exporting in another format such as .mp4? I would suggest trying a format other than .mxf. Experiment exporting short clips with different export settings and upload to YouTube and see which one looks best.

Mooman978

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Different render settings/presets make my videos choppy. And some of the bitrates for the presets are too low. That is what I think is causing the choppy video. The best render setting I have found is in mxf but those files end up compressed too heavily by youtube

Have you tried using a custom render setting instead of the presets (such as not using the "match project settings")? Are you using the GPU for rendering or CPU only? If you are using the GPU option then try using the CPU only option. One suggestion I have read is to go to settings and disable resampling after you have imported the clip or clips into Vegas 11.

Though this - Sony Vegas 11 Pro - best rendering settings - was about GoPro footage you may find something useful in it.

Another suggestion is not to use MainConcept when rendering.

Mooman978

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
It's been awhile but .wmv is the best file format. I realized the bit rates of other render formats were not high enough so I used 6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p. Which seemed so not compress my video, and when uploaded to YouTube was not compressed either

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you found a format that works well for you.