baniDJ

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hello there.
Which one of these laptops is the best?
1.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834258625&cm_re=HP_Envy_15-_-34-258-625-_-Product
2.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314487&cm_re=a10_5757m-_-34-314-487-_-Product

Which one to choose? And is it safe to buy an refurbished item from NewEgg if it has only 2 reviews? :)
Thanks a lot.

Solution
I've had mostly good experiences with refurbs from Newegg. Obviously, check your purchase out thoroughly during the return period. Since both laptops have identical specs, it comes down to Acer vs HP. I've owned a couple of Acer netbooks and monitors which have held up well.(although when my 7yo son stepped on the netbook, the screen took a beating)

drkatz42

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
I've had mostly good experiences with refurbs from Newegg. Obviously, check your purchase out thoroughly during the return period. Since both laptops have identical specs, it comes down to Acer vs HP. I've owned a couple of Acer netbooks and monitors which have held up well.(although when my 7yo son stepped on the netbook, the screen took a beating)

Solution

baniDJ

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
So Acer or HP ? The only con for the Acer is that has got a build in battery so no battery change in there.
And the only con for HP is that doesn't have touchscreen.

So which one? Thanks

The specs given say the Lenovo is 1 inch thick. Weighs less than the the HP, and only .4 pounds more than the Acer. And as for the touchscreen on the Acer, in MY opinion, touchscreens on laptops are nothing more than a gimmick. Touchscreens belong on phones and tablets.

baniDJ

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Ok. So you recomend me to go with the Lenovo? Is it plastic body or half metal, half plastic like acer/hp?
Can you suggest me some other laptops too in the range of $450 ? :)
thanks

Will Willer

Honorable
May 13, 2013
I have a Z585 with the same specs and it kicks ass. My only complaint would be the battery life. I can also play Split/second and TDU2 on it if you're looking to game a little. Also, my a-10 is the previous generation I think.