ChitoConCas

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I own a ASUS X555LB Laptop. i5 5500 2core-4thread 2.4ghz / 8 GB LP RAM / GT 940M

I have been trying everything to get some decent FPS on Minecraft and have failed every time. Nvidia drivers are up to date and Im using Win 10 Pro.

I have a 1080p monitor hooked up to the notebook. On which I use the 1080p native resolution. This is where I am having issues, I have tried using the integrated graphics (Intel HD 5500) and minecraft gives me about 90-100 stable fps. When i switch to the 940m it only goes up to a 44fps average. Any ideas on this?

I have tried with V-Sync,lowering render distance, frame cap and even lowering it to a minimum video settings possible. How can the integrated graphics be giving me more fps than the dedicated Video Card? I dont understand this.

Im using 64bit Java Runtime for minecraft and I have checked the resources when running the game. All is normal.

Any help would be nice! thanks!

Update after tinkering a lot: If I run minecraft in window mode 1920*1080 with 940M i get around 120-130 fps, max settings. But the moment i go fullscreen it drops to 44-45fps.

Hi,

There are only 2 things you can try.
- Try and download the latest Java for you PC. http://java.com/en/
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager same goes in Programs and Feature anything related to NVIDIA.
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop and make sure that your NVIDIA card is set to run Minecraft then try running the game with it.

Hope this helps.

ChitoConCas

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

I've already installed the latest java (64bit) and even pointed minecraft to it within the arguments in the console. Nvidia drivers are up to date. Ive even tried switching OS hahaha.

Still more fps in windowed mode than fullscreen. This is blowing my mind, as all other apps behave normally in fullscreen mode.

Thanks.

lalazuli22

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
I have an ASUS UX303UB with a 940M and am having the EXACT same problem. I don't even know where to begin to try and fix it. It seems to only be with Minecraft too. Have you had any luck with anything?

JRHNBR

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015

Turn VBOs on while windowed.

TheShadow02

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
Try downloading the mod Optifine; it adds cool features to minecraft such as clear water, and the frame rate on one of my computers with a graphics card worse than 940m went from a little under 30 fps to 100 fps.