ChrisWKuiper

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
Hi.

I just bought a Razer Blade 14 2014. Everything is fine, except that the CPU is having temp problems. When under heavy load, the CPU jumps up to 93 degrees Celsius on the hottest core, before the fans speed up a bit and bring it back down to around 80 degrees Celsius. I then ran prime 95 to see how fast the fans could go, and they speed WAY higher than they did while I was gaming, and cooled the cpu down to 70 degrees. I want more power to my fans while I am gaming, basically, a more aggressive fan curve. I have tried to use speedfan, but it cant seem to find any fans or fan sensors for some reason, and neither can msi afterburner. How to I change the fan speed curve to a more aggressive profile?

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
You're going to have to see if you're OEM provides software to do so. Laptops use custom motherboards and thus can only be controlled either through the bios or through custom OEM software.

ChrisWKuiper

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015

Is there any way to get speedfan to recognize the fans? Also I don't think razer releases Bios updates for their blades.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

It's very doubtful if you can't already. Speedfan needs to update their application to support each chipset. A custom motherboard like one in a laptop is most likely low on their list.

It doesn't look like razor provides software either. Pretty poor given the price of these laptops.