As soon as I power on my ASUS UX32A Zenbook, I am prompted with the ASUS logo, followed by the POST sound. The wait time for the Windows logo is generally 10-15 minutes, and no longer. However, I have found that by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL immediately after hearing POST, this eliminates the problem and the laptop boots normally. This issue has occurred with more than one hard drive. All of which had Windows 7 installed. Could this be an issue with the PSU, or GPU? or... even both?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next to try is to clean install the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http/www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- If the same problem will persist after these troubleshooting steps disable the Fastboot option.
Here's the complete guide to disable Fastboot.
- Open Control Panel then click on Power Options.
- On the left pane click on "Choose what the power buttons do".
- Once opened click on "Change settings that are currently available"
- Scoll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck "Turn on fast startup and click Save changes.
If all these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.