Incorrect typeface is showing up on pages across all browsers I use.

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I haven't been able to figure out what typeface is causing my MAC to replace it with a light condensed version of Helvetica or Helvetica Neue. But a prime example is this:
HrN9IuZ

It is like this on Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari but only on my MAC. It's bizarre... I have tried clearing history cache all of that.. Installed different version of browsers, on a beta version of firefox right now.. no difference. I have tried to search for a solution, and found nothing.

Also running Maverick, but had the problem before the upgrade.

Anyone have any ideas?

bambiboom

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Will172,

That is an odd one. Sorry, I'm Mac ignorant, so I can only think of it from a Windows perspective > In the example of Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Content > Fonts and Colors and select your preference. If the font still insists on Helvetica Bold Narrow Elite Classico or whatever, there may be a profile file somewhere that defines general browser settings and that needs deleting. in Windows these browser profiles are in User > AppData > Roaming. Whenever my Firefox goes off the rails- it won't start because it claims it already running. I delete the Firefox profile and all is well- for about another three weeks.

If the above doesn't work > back up your bookmarks, really clean out all versions of all browsers, including applications folders and temp files, install a single browser from a fresh download- and not a beta, and then set your font preference in options.

Cheers,

BambiBoom