danielt34

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Hello All,

I'm really desperately hoping someone can help me undo what I have just done earlier today. I initially was going to install a fresh copy of Win8 on my PC when immediately after formatting the HDD partitions I realized my incredibly valuable trip photos were not stored in another location (I originally backed them up to an external hard drive that was stolen at the airport weeks previous). Immediately after the format I shut the system off, and now I need some help to hopefully recover these photos. Do note that I currently do NOT have an active OS on the hard drive. After some research I read that it was recommended to remove the HDD and connect it via USB-SATA to another computer (externally) and perform a data recovery program. Should I do this? What is the best program for recovering the most photos with the least % of corrupt files?

Thanks in advance.

Supernu

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
You will need a paid program to get to the data, and you'll have to remove the HD from the computer and put it in another system to do this, to ensure nothing gets installed on the drive and wipe anything further.