Christopher_44

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
My DELL laptop will not work right and it all started when I was in the chrome browser and a little pop-up happened in the Corner of the screen saying there was a update that needed to be installed so i clicked it. It shut the laptop down and a screen came up that was moving up down left and right and it said (DO NOT TURN OFF OUR UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER) and I thought there was a virus being installed to my computer so I shut it down.

(I freaked out) and then when I tried to turn it on it would boot up but nothing came on the screen. I plugged it in and the screen was still blank. Then I tried using a different screen/ monitor still nothing. I tried taking battery out, also nothing. I also tried spamming the F8 key when it was booting up and the light that showed the computer was on flashed red. So I don't know what to do my computer is a (DELL INTEL CORE i3 Inspiron 15 Windows 8.1)

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work try loading in Safe Mode again, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If Safe Mode will load do run System Restore and restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in and see if it will boot up normally or not.
- If all these will not work the last option would be to reinstall Windows.

That was just a regular Windows update, not a virus. Shutting it down suddenly can damage the operating system files or hardware.

Did you do the power reset by holding in the power button for a bit with he system unplugged?

Does nothing at all show up on the screen when you turn it on or does it at least go into the BIOS?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS